KAPPA OMICRON NU
- Scholarship Members of KON are at high academic standing in the College of CFS at Purdue and are rewarded with the opportunity to apply for many scholarships including, but not limited to, the Gladys E. Vail Scholarship
- LEADERSHIP When prospective members consider being a part of KON, students also have the opportunity to apply for an Officer's Position. Even if a student does not become an Officer, he/she can lead members in other events
- Research Members are encouraged to engage in research and foster the spirit of inquiry in themselves and others. An opportunity specific to Purdue is the Honor's Program where students gain research experience under a professor of their choice and choose a research project of their own will.
Kappa Omicron Nu Membership Eligibility
Undergraduate students shall:
- Have declared a major in family and consumer sciences or one of the specializations in the human sciences.
- Have completed 45 semester hours or equivalent.
- Rank in the top 25% of their class in the unit.
Graduate students shall:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program in family and consumer sciences or one of the specializations in the human sciences.
- Have completed 12 semester hours of graduate work or equivalent.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Kappa Omicron Nu is a national scholastic honor society and is recognized by professionals in both business and academic fields. Members of Kappa Omicron Nu pledge to promote the three goals of the society: Scholarship, LEADERSHIP, and Research.
The advantages to KON membership include.....
- Being a part of a national network
- Enhancement of achievements
- Broaden your horizons
- Qualification for scholarships, fellowships, & grants
- Participation in local & national meetings
- Develop leadership knowledge & skills
- Explore career options
- Professional development